The SAF Association take members’ privacy seriously. We will only use the information members and potential members have provided in support of the legitimate interests of the organisation and its members. We will collect, hold and use the following:
• Rank or Title
• Address and (where supplied) telephone number(s)
• E-mail address(es).
• Unit(s) and Service in Oman
• Years of service in Oman
We will use these data to:
• Administer and run the Association and to maintain contact with members keeping them informed of relevant events and occurrences
• Inform members of SAF Association functions such as the Curry Lunch and Annual Dinner as well as other regional and service/cap-badge related functions
• Distribute the Journal annually to all active UK members
The database containing members' details is circulated among officers of the committee of the Association only. Members' and potential members' details are not shared with any third parties although the council may from time to time share some personal data with the Anglo-Omani Society when it is considered to be in members' interests. Members' data will never be shared with any external marketing organisations. We will retain your data for as long as members live or until members ask us to delete their personal data.
Members may withdraw their consent to us holding data provided by them at any time by writing to us, with proof of identity, identifying the data to be removed. Members or potential members who wish to complain about any aspect of how we process personal data should get in touch, in the first instance, with the Secretary and Treasurer of the SAF Association or, should an adequate response not be received, then the Chairman; details of both are given below. Should a member or potential member wish to take further action, the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/helpline/ will be able to assist.
Lieutenant Commander Neil Fawcett
Secretary and Treasurer
Burnley, BB11 2RN
Colonel Gordon Allen
Chairman, SAF Association